West Leicestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for planning and commissioning (buying) healthcare for residents living within the West Leicestershire area (including Hinckley and Bosworth, Ashby, Loughborough, Coalville, North and South Charnwood and North West Leicestershire).  

Whilst we always aim to commission high quality services, we understand that sometimes things can go wrong and we want to learn from you by listening to your complaints, feedback and experiences of the NHS to improve our services for the benefit of our patients and the local community.  

See our  pdf Complaints Handling Policy

Who can make a complaint?

A complaint can be made by a patient or a member of the public who is dissatisfied with the services that the CCG commissions, in relation to an action, omission or decision. A complaint can also be made by someone acting on behalf of the patient, or person, with their consent. 


Is there a time limit for making a complaint?

You should make a complaint with 12 months of the event(s) concerned, or within 12 months of becoming aware that you had cause to complain.  A complaint made outside of the time limit will be considered by the CCG, and we will decide if the complaint can still be properly investigated. 


How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to pursue a complaint you can do this in writing, over the phone, face to face or by email to the primary care practitioner, NHS organisation concerned or commissioner of the service.  If you are unsure who to complain to please contact   This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you choose to make your complaint verbally, a member of the Corporate Affairs Team will discuss your concerns with you and confirm what you would like as an outcome of your complaint.  A written record of your complaint will then be provided to you for you to review and amend as appropriate to confirm it is an accurate record of your complaint. 

You can also submit the details of your complaint in the following ways:

Emailing the CCG at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Writing to:      Complaints Officer

                        Corporate Affairs Team

                        West Leicestershire CCG

                        55 Woodgate



                        LE11 2TZ

Calling the Corporate Affairs Team on 0116 295 3405

Or alternatively you can complete the online request form on the ‘Contact Us Tab’. 

Any information you give to us will be treated as strictly confidential. We may need to collect personal information from you in order to provide the best possible services however the CCG will not give your personal details to anyone without your consent.    

The timescale for responding to your complaint will be agreed with you and you will receive a written reply to confirm the details of the investigation into your complaint. Following the investigation into your complaint, you will receive a written response from the CCG, which we will include any conclusions that we have reached in respect of your complaint and any further action that is considered to be appropriate.    

We understand that some people worry whether their treatment will be adversely affected because they have raised a complaint.   In line with national NHS policy there will be no detriment to your treatment and you will not be penalised in any way because you have made a complaint.  Your complaint will not be placed on any part of your medical records. 


Can I get help to make my complaint?

POhWER NHS Complaints Service can support you to make a complaint and offer a free and confidential service that is independent of the NHS.

Telephone:        0300 200 0084

Website:             Pohwer website

Email:                   This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Post:                    POhWER

                             PO Box 14043


                             B6 9BL

Text:                    send the word 'pohwer' with your name and number to 81025

Fax:                     0300 456 2365

Minicom:             0300 456 2364

The support centre is open Monday to Friday from 8am - 6pm


What if I am unhappy with the way in which the NHS has handled my complaint? 

You can ask the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman to consider it further:

Telephone helpline: 0345 015 4033

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: Ombudsman website


Problems with other NHS services?

If your concerns are in relation to primary care providers such as your GP (doctor), dentist or optician, you should contact:

NHS England on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or telephone 0300 311 2233




Powered by BreezingForms